Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Cloudy, With a Chance of Rain (or Snow???)

It's that time of year again. Spring! On the calendar anyway. Still awhile before we will be able to plant outdoors in the north, but if we do get snow it shouldn't last too long.




Were you ever a fan of Simon and Garfunkel? If so, you might remember some of the words to one of their songs, "Cloudy". It was on the album Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme. If you click on the link below, it might refresh your memory.



So what better way to enjoy this time of year than to study the clouds and watch them blow by and reveal to us the sun and warm days that are hiding behind them.


Here are the lyrics to "Cloudy" that was co-written by Paul Simon and Bruce Woodley of the Seekers.


Cloudy. The sky is gray and white and cloudy,



Sometimes I think it's hanging down on me



And it's a hitchhike a hundred miles I'm a rag-a-muffin child
Pointed finger-painted smile



I left my shadow waiting down the road for me awhile.
Cloudy. My thoughts are scattered and they're cloudy,



They have no borders, no boundaries
They echo and they swell



From Tolstoy to Tinkerbell
Down from Berkeley to Carmel





Got some pictures in my pocket and a lot of time to kill



Hey sunshine
I haven't seen you in a long time



Why don't you show your face and bend my mind?



These clouds stick to the sky
Like floating questions, why?



And they linger there to die
They don't know where they're going, and, my friend, neither do I



Cloudy
Cloudy
Cloudy





Don't let all the cloudy days discourage you, 
but let it inspire you! Have a great Spring!

Thanks for stopping by and
Feel free to leave a comment!

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! hey say it's supposed to snow here Friday...the new leaves will get frosted again... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Ann. Wow! I wouldn't think it would snow in your area. That's a surprise. Hopefully it won't damage all the fruit trees. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, Susan. I wasn't sure what you were going to write about when I first opened your page. I was thinking it might still be too early in New York to do much planting. Instead, I was greeted with one of my favorite groups of singers from my youth! I really like that you took the time to match up the images with the lyrics - It was an enjoyable trip back in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Karen Graham. Actually, I wasn't sure what I was going to write about either. I was going for a walk about a week ago and I was greeted with the most beautiful cloud formation so then I decided I wanted the theme to be 'clouds', but I wasn't sure how I was going to put it all together, and then this song came to mind. One of my favorite groups as well from the '60's!

      Delete
  5. Great Job! Love this one! Just what I needed on this yucky weather kind of day! It got me up and going! Keep up the wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Martha! I'm glad I was able to inspire you.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful images Sue. I don't remember that song either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna. I was a big fan of Simon & Garfunkel and had most of their albums. Also knew quite a few of the words to their songs as well so "Cloudy" came to mind when I was thinking of something to write about.

      Delete
  7. nice post . Thank you for posting something like this
    keep up the good work
    natural flower store in Bareilly

    ReplyDelete